5 TOXIC CANCER-CAUSING FOODS THAT YOU MUST AVOID. BY JAMES UBERTI, TOXIC FREE DIET
1. TOXIC CANNED FOODS – Most Canned foods contain a known cancer-causing chemical that is used to coat the inside of the can as a preservative called Bisphenol-A or BPA. The problem is that most cans are heated up during the processing to kill bacteria, causing this chemical to rapidly leach into the food. This chemical is banned in most countries except the USA. Buy bottled, glass containers vs canned and purchase pouched foods like pouched tuna instead of canned. Tuna and Tomato canned products are the worst offenders because the fatty acid or acidic nature of the foods accelerates the leaching effect into the food.
2. TOXIC SALTED, PICKLED OR PROCESSED FOODS – Processed meats and pickled, salted or smoked foods contain large amounts of chemicals, food additives and sodium all of which increased the risk of colorectal cancer and fuels cancer development and growth. American's consume 15 pounds of salt and 5 pounds of artificial flavoring, emulsifiers and chemical food additives and preservatives annually. Eat more whole fresh foods vs processed. When purchasing meats buy unprocessed, organic, grass-fed beef and poultry whenever possible to avoid these cancer-causing culprits.
3. TOXIC SUGAR BASED BEVERAGES - Soda, sports drinks, energy drinks or anything diet related is considered public enemy number for increasing your risk of cancer. Sugar has been proven to cause inflammation in the body, causes free radical cellular damage and significantly fuels the growth of pre and post cancer cells. There are a ton of studies showing that aspartame also causes many diseases such as cancer, birth defects, unexplained weight gain and heart problems. Processed Diet foods and sodas usually include an artificial sweetener such as aspartame, which goes by the name of many tricky other marketable names such as NutraSweet or Equal. Diet foods or diets sodas are to be avoided. However, best advice is to ease yourself off of these addictive product slowly. Instead of 2 sugary beverages per day, cut back to 1 after a week or two. After week 3 start replacing these drinks with unsweetened teas, add either honey or stevia and sweeten to taste. If tea is not for you, treat yourself to natural soft drink brands, like grown-up soda, Santa Cruz organics, or blue sky.
4. TOXIC MICROWAVABLE POPCORN - most if not all bagged popcorn uses a known cancer-causing chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) This chemical like BPA is used to line the inside of the bag and once heated transfers this toxic chemical into the product. PFOA are also found in Teflon cookware and once heated to higher temperatures also leaches into food and should be avoided. In addition if the popcorn is flavored with artificial butter or other flavorings this makes this treat that more dangerous. Most artificial butters and flavorings contain diacetyl, a known toxic chemical that has been linked to lung disease and bronchiolitis. This is mostly caused by breathing the steam or fumes once bag fully popped and opened. The good news is that most manufacturers have removed this toxic chemical from their products, but there are some allegations recently in the news that reports they are continuing to use this chemical but under a different name. If you cannot live without this treat the best option is to popcorn at home with coconut oil and salt lightly with sea salt, use grass fed butter and add to flavor desire. If this is not an option or have time for this choose air-popped organic popcorn, which can be found at most grocery stores.
5. TOXIC PESTICIDE BASED PRODUCE - Would you spray bug killer on your apple and eat it? Or eat it after washing it? This is what we are doing every time we eat non-organic fruits and vegetables. Today’s pesticides used on our crops are much stronger than conventional over the counter bug sprays we use at home. Atrazine, Glyphosate, metam sodium, organophosphates are some of the most common chemical-based pesticides used today. Chemical pesticides not only deplete the nutritional value of our food, but they also contaminate it. These toxic chemicals are known endocrine disrupting and obesogenic chemicals that have been linked to many chronic diseases, including but limited to unexplained weight gain, nausea, Parkinson's disease, childhood leukemia, lymphoma, asthma and many cancers. Eat organic whenever possible. Rule of thumb is those fruits and veggies that are protected with an outer skin or shell-like avocados, onions, banana, pineapple, eggplant, cabbage, sweet peas, asparagus, watermelon, grapefruit do not need to be bought organic. However; those fruits and veggies that are fully exposed that don't have an outer shell of protection like celery, peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries, all leafy greens, kale, spinach, lettuce, cherries, potatoes, grapes and many like it must all be bought organic or washed thoroughly, multiple times if non-organic. For a complete list of why most diets fail and a list of all toxic foods and chemicals that are making us fat, sick and tired click here www.toxicfreediet.com